Console logs contain useful logging information which can assist in troubleshooting certain scenarios.
Capture Console logs by following these steps:
1. Display Developer Tools by pressing ctrl+shift+i in the Symphony Desktop Application (SDA) or F12 in Google Chrome.
2. Navigate to the Console menu (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Console menu
Note: Ensure the Console settings are expanded.
3. Select the Clear console icon and ensure the Preserve log and Autocomplete from history checkboxes highlighted are checked (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Console menu settings
4. The next time the issue occurs, navigate to the page/item that is experiencing the problem. At this point, entries in the Console log should start to populate as actions are performed, for example when a message is sent or as a room is created (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Console menu logs
5. Once the issue has been captured, Stop the Console log.
6. Right click on the Console menu logs, select Save as… and save the logs as a .txt file (Figure 4):
Figure 4 Save as...
7. Send the Console logs to the Symphony Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If the files are too large to email, inform the Symphony Support team. They can arrange to receive it using a secure file transfer site, Filevault.