To reduce compliance risk, all new Super Compliance Officers (SCO) created in version 1.55+ are not assigned access to any users. Providing a user SCO or Compliance Officer (CO) roles does not grant them access to any user or conversation by default.
Accounts assigned the SCO or CO role before the Scope Management feature was introduced (prior to release 1.55) are granted global access. They continue to have access over all users and communications. These SCO accounts are assigned to the Global group.
New SCOs, however, must be explicitly assigned a scoping group or groups. Perform this by following these steps:
1. Sign in to the Admin Portal as a user with the Scope Management Role (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Scope Management
2. Select Manage Role Scopes
3. Click on the Group Name to assign users to a group(s)
4. Select the ASSIGNEES tab on the Group Information page for a group to view the list
of SCOs assigned to that group
5. Click Add Assignee to add an SCO to the group (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Add Assignee
6. Only SCOs and COs can be assigned to a scoping group. Therefore, clicking on Add Assignee will pre-filter the list of accounts to only display permitted SCOs and COs (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Role Options
Note: Users can filter the list further by entering a name
7. Find and select the relevant user then click Save to add the selected account as an assignee
Note: Refer to the Knowledge Article here on how to limit CO visibility