Compliance Officers (CO) and Super Compliance officers (SCO) have visibility over any user in the Scoping Groups to which the officers are assigned.
Accounts assigned the SCO or CO role before the Scope Management feature was introduced (prior to release 1.55) are granted global access by being assigned to the Global Scoping Group. They continue to have access over all users and communication.
Every user is a member of the Global Scoping Group, thereby giving any SCO/CO assigned to that group full visibility to all communication that occurs.
However, users can be assigned to custom Scoping Groups by following these steps:
1. Sign in to the Admin Portal as a user with the Scope Management Role (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Scope Management
2. Select Manage Role Scopes
3. Click Create Group
4. Enter a Name for the group and upload a CSV file with the users the SCO/CO should be able to view when assigned to the group (Figure 2):
Figure 2 New Group Details
Note: The CSV file can be uploaded at a later time if desired
Note: The CSV file will overwrite existing members of the group (if there are any). For this reason, be sure the imported CSV file includes everyone who belongs in the group
5. Click Save
6. Once the group has been saved, the user must assign the SCO/CO to the Scoping Group to give them visibility. Refer to the Knowledge Article found here on how to assign a SCO/CO to a Scoping Group
If the SCO/CO is already assigned to the Global Group, assigning them to the new group will not have an effect. To limit the SCO/CO to the new group, they must be removed from the Global Group and any other group they should not have visibility into.
This can be done by following these steps:
1. Open the Scoping Group that the SCO/CO is to be removed from, e.g. the Global Group
2. Click the Assignees tab
3. Navigate to the SCO/CO section and select the relevant user
4. Click Remove Assignee
Note: Users with the Scope Management role type cannot be removed from the Global Group
Note: Users who are not assigned to the Global Group cannot be given the Scope Management role type
If you require further assistance with CO visibility, please contact the Symphony Support team at email@example.com