Note: This entitlement can only be configured by users with administrator access.
Users may enable another person to post on their Wall on their behalf. To configure this option, certain Entitlements must be enabled.
Enable delegates by following these steps:
1. In Symphony, select the Settings icon (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Settings
2. Select Admin Portal.
Note: This option is only available if you're a designated Administrator with Admin Portal access.
3. Select Begin Session.
Note: Session Objective and Comments are optional fields and are not required to access the Admin Portal.
4. Select Edit Entitlements (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Edit Entitlement
5. Ensure Can have delegates from the Edit Entitlements tab is enabled (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Can have delegates
6. Remaining in the Admin Portal, navigate to Browse Accounts and search for the user you wish to enable delegates for (Figure 4):
Figure 4 Browse Accounts
Note: In this scenario, user A will allow user B to post to user A's Wall.
7. When the user is selected, ensure Can have delegates from the Entitlements tab is enabled (Figure 5):
Figure 5 Can have delegates
8. Select Save (Figure 6):
Figure 6 Save
9. Exit the Admin Portal and return to Symphony.
10. As user A, navigate to their profile, select the three dot menu to the right of Edit Profile and select Assign delegates (Figure 7):
Figure 7 Assign delegates
11. Search for user B and select them. The user will appear under Delegates if they have been added successfully (Figure 8):
Figure 8 Assigned delegates
12. To test the entitlement has been enabled, login to Symphony as user B. Navigate to the profile of user A, and attempt to post a message on their behalf (Figure 9):
Figure 9 Write a post on behalf of...
13. Compose a post and publish it to user A's Wall by selecting Send message (Figure 10 and Figure 11):
Figure 10 Send message
Figure 11 Posted message
14. Navigate to user A's Wall and confirm the post is visible.