After upgrading to a new version of the Symphony Desktop Application (SDA), occasionally a setting in the configuration file can be reset to it's default value, which causes the title bar to be removed. This means the user is unable to move or close the Symphony window.
Enable the missing title bar by following these steps:
1. Open the configuration file in a text editor.
2. Amend the isCustomTitleBar parameter to Disabled (Figure 1):
Figure 1 isCustomTitleBar parameter
3. Save the configuration file and close it.
4. Restart Symphony and check the title bar is now visible.
If this doesn't work, please try the following:
- Press Esc to see if this enables the title bar.
- Close Symphony via Task Manager and relaunch the SDA to see if this enables the title bar.
- Press the Windows key + right/left key. This will snap the Symphony window to the left and right side of the screen and should display the title bar at the top.
If the issue still persists, please contact Symphony Support at firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that you are experiencing issues with the SDA title bar.