When communicating with a Group, there are several limitations:
- The maximum number of users that can be in a Symphony Group is 100.
- Groups can only be added to existing internal or external private rooms. Groups cannot be added to direct chats, group chats, multilateral (multi-company) external chat rooms, or public chat rooms.
- A user cannot add a Group while starting a new chat from the + button. The Group must be added to an existing room.
- When chatting with a Group, a user cannot click a timestamp to view the message status.
- A user can use Symphony Meetings in an internal room with a Group, but not in an external room.
- A user cannot @mention a Group or view the presence of a Group.
- Chat room owners cannot remove Groups from a chat room.
When creating Groups, there are some limitations for a Symphony administrator:
- The maximum number of Symphony Groups an administrator can create is 100.
- To create a Group, the Symphony environment must be v20.13.2+.
Full details on the Symphony Groups can be found below:
If you require further assistance on Symphony Groups, please contact the Symphony Support team at email@example.com