Create a WhatsApp Connect group by following these steps:
1. From Symphony, open the WhatsApp Connect app (Figure 1):
Figure 1 WhatsApp Connect
Note: If WhatsApp Connect is not available in the application list within Symphony Market, please check with your internal IT team to see if you have the correct permissions to access this app.
2. Tap on the Rooms tab (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Rooms tab
3. Tap New Room (Figure 3):
Figure 3 New Room
4. Enter the name of the room you wish to create (Figure 4):
Figure 4 Room Name
Note: By default, the name of the user creating the room is included as an Internal member. The user can remove themselves, as well as add other internal users from their firm into this room.
Note: External members are any WhatsApp Connect contacts that the user has added to their contact list.
5. Tap Create.
6. Confirm the room is available to use in the Chat list (Figure 5):
Figure 5 Room
There are 3 options for the Room Status - Active, Limited and Deactivated:
- Active: All contacts have responded to their last message within 24 hours.
- Limited: At least one contact has not responded to the last message within 24 hours.
- Deactivated: The room been disabled.
Room status will change depending on whether the WhatsApp Connect contacts in the room have replied within the 24hr activation window. If more than one WhatsApp Connect contact is in the room, and any of them are outside the 24hr window, the room status will show as Limited.
Full details on WhatsApp Connect can be found below:
If you require further assistance on WhatsApp Connect, please contact the Symphony Support team at email@example.com