Configure different desktop notifications for specific chat types by following these steps:
1. From Symphony, select Settings.
2. Select the Notifications tab.
3. Navigate to the Desktop Notifications section (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Desktop Notifications
4. Notification settings for Direct messages and Rooms and group chats will apply to all messages received which are not mentions to yourself.
5. Enabling either Direct messages or Rooms and group chats will allow the Show desktop notifications option in the Chat Details section of a room (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Chat Details
6. If a users wishes to select chats that will display desktop notifications manually, they can either enable all and manually disable individual chats, or disable all and manually enable individual chats to their liking.
Note: Once a user checks/unchecks the option in the main Settings menu, it will take affect on all chats in that chat type and they will then need to select/deselect any manually chosen chats.
7. A user can also differentiate between internal chats and external chats by enabling the Use separate external (EXT) settings option from the main Notifications menu and configuring the options as above (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Use separate external (EXT) settings