Android Debugging Bridge (ADB) logs provide useful information to help with troubleshooting.
To capture ADB logs, certain prerequisites are required:
- Enable Developer Options
- Install Android Studio and SDK Tools
- Ensure the platform tools have included ADB for installation
Once the prerequisites are completed, capture ADB logs by following these steps:
1. Connect your Android device to your PC/Mac/Linux device
2. Open your command line interface (CLI) terminal
3. Navigate to the installation path of the Android SDK in your CLI, for example:
cd "C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools"
4. Type the following:
adb logcat > $SymphonySupportCaseNumber-ADBlogs.log
Note: Where SymphonySupportCaseNumber is the Service Request number related to this investigation, for example adb logcat > $12345-ADBlogs.log
5. Reproduce the issue you were experiencing
6. Press CTRL+C to stop the log generation process once the issue has been reproduced
7. Attach the resulting log file to your Service Request to allow the Symphony Support team to begin investigations into the issue