Note: This can only be performed by users with administrator access.
A silent install is an installation of a software program that requires no user interaction. It is a convenient way to streamline the installation process of a desktop application without requiring any user input.
The Symphony Desktop Application (SDA) supports silent installation on Windows using the standard msiexec command from the command prompt or PowerShell.
Perform a silent install of the SDA by following the steps below:
2. From the Start menu, click Run.
3. Type cmd and press Enter.
Note: Ensure you are running cmd as an administrator
4. From the command prompt, navigate to the folder where the Symphony installation files are located.
5. View information on the options to run the silent install by entering the following command:
6. Run the silent installation by entering the following command:
msiexec /i "Symphony.msi" /q POD_URL="https://companyabc.symphony.com" /l* symphony_install.log
Note: Where companyabc is the name of your pod.
Note: To uninstall the SDA, run the msiexec /x "current_version.msi" /q /l* symphony_uninstall.log command.
Optionally, additional parameters such as the ones listed below can also be used as part of the silent installation command:
Refer to the Knowledge Article here on how to perform a silent install of Symphony for MacOS.
If you require further assistance on silent installs of the SDA, please contact the Symphony Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org