A silent install is an installation of a software program that requires no user interaction. It is a convenient way to streamline the installation process of a desktop application without requiring any user input.
The Electron version of the Symphony Desktop Application (SDA) supports silent installation on Windows using the standard msiexec command from the command prompt or PowerShell.
Install the Electron SDA by following the steps below:
1. Navigate to https://companyabc.symphony.com/?admin as an administrator and download the latest version of the Electron SDA
Note: Where companyabc is the name of your pod
2. From the Start menu, click Run
3. Type cmd and press Enter
Note: Ensure you are running cmd as an administrator
4. From the command prompt, navigate to the folder where the Symphony installation files are located
5. To view information on the options to run the silent install command, enter the msiexec.exe /? command
6. To run the silent installation using installation options defined by the current Symphony configuration, enter the following command:
msiexec /i "Symphony.msi" /q POD_URL="https://companyabc.symphony.com" /l* symphony_install.log
Note: Where companyabc is the name of your pod. If you do not supply the pod details, you will receive an 'only for me' install that will direct the user to the Symphony Public pod
Note: To uninstall the SDA, you can run the msiexec /x "current_version.msi" /q /l* symphony_uninstall.log command
If desired, additional parameters such as the ones listed below can also be used as part of the silent installation command:
If you require further assistance regarding this, please contact the Symphony Support team at email@example.com