The dictionary and language used within Symphony is based upon the individual machine's settings, not Symphony itself.
Select what language is used by following these steps:
1. Navigate to Language Settings from your machine's general settings and check what language is selected (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Windows display language
2. Update this setting to the language of your choice.
3. Once complete, navigate to Administrative Language Settings (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Administrative language settings
4. From the Administrative tab, ensure the Language for non-Unicode programs matches the language chosen in step 2 (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Language for non-unicode programs
4. Finally, navigate to Advanced keyboard settings and ensure language in the Override for default input method also matches the language chosen in step 2 (Figure 4):
Figure 4 Override for default input method
5. Restart your machine to ensure any changes made in the steps above take effect.
6. Once the machine has restarted, log in to Symphony and test that the dictionary and language is working as expected (Figure 5):
Figure 5 Dictionary spelling check
Based on your organization's settings, some features in this Knowledge Article may not be applicable to you. Please contact your Technical Account Manager (TAM), Symphony Support, or your internal IT team with any questions.