Client profile logs contain useful performance information which can assist in troubleshooting certain scenarios.
When application performance is impacted, capture the client profile logs by following these steps:
1. Display Developer Tools by pressing Ctrl+Shift+I in the Symphony Desktop Application (SDA) or F12 in Google Chrome.
2. Navigate to the Performance menu (Figure 1):
Figure 1 Performance menu
3. Ensure the Screenshots and Memory checkboxes are selected and click Record (Figure 2):
Figure 2 Record screenshots and memory
4. A Profiling... prompt will be displayed (Figure 3):
Figure 3 Profiling
Note: As the client profile logs are being gathered, system performance may be impacted.
5. Click Stop to end the recording when evidence of slow performance has been captured.
Note: It may take several moments to complete the stop as the collected data is collated.
6. Select the down arrow to save the captured client profile logs (Figure 4):
Figure 4 Save profile…
7. Navigate to the Memory menu (Figure 5):
Figure 5 Memory menu
8. Select Heap snapshot and then click Take snapshot (Figure 6):
Figure 6 Take snapshot
Note: It may take a few minutes to collate the snapshot data, during which Symphony will be unavailable.
9. Once completed, the snapshot will be displayed under Heap Snapshots (Figure 7):
Figure 7 Completed snapshot
10. Click Save (Figure 8):
Figure 8 Save
11. Send both files to the Symphony Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If the files are too large to email, inform the Symphony Support team. They can arrange to receive it using a secure file transfer site, Filevault.